DIY Sex Furniture | Complete Guide For Your Pleasure
Furniture is a necessity in any home, but it holds a special place in love life as well. You don’t want to break your back balancing against the kitchen table, or your behind to get stuck on the marble kitchen island. Sure, having sex pretty much anywhere in the house is great, but specially designed sex furniture is just the thing you need to spice up your life. Especially when it’s DIY!
If you’re someone who loves homemade projects but also has a whole different wild side, then here’s a complete DIY sex furniture guide for you. But first, let’s start with the basics.
What Is DIY Sex Furniture?
This is a piece of self-made furniture that helps improve the quality of sex. There are two main groups of sex furniture, depending on their specific purpose. These include positioning and bondage sex furniture.
Positioning furniture comprises sex benches, sex couches/sofas, sex stools, sex swings, and slings, designed to save energy during sex and improve your posture while in different sex positions. Positioning sex furniture allows your partner to reach just the right spots without the risk of physical injury.
Bondage furniture, on the other hand, includes a sex frame, sex cross, and bondage bed. You can use this type of furniture to restrain your partner during sex.
Both types of furniture help improve the sexual experience and maximize comfort during sex. They let you explore various sex positions depending on your needs and desires. Also, sex furniture can be beneficial for people with physical aches, such as back and knee pain.
Does regular sex get a bit boring for you? Well, homemade sex furniture adds much more flavor to your sexual experiences. Making a piece of furniture by yourself is a great idea, especially if factors such as size, weight, and sexual position preferences are quite specific and personal.
Also, if the price of your ideal furniture is too high for you at the moment, it may be time to get creative by building your own homemade version.
Why Use Sex (BDSM) Furniture?
The primary reasons for using sex furniture are improving the quality of sex, and getting out of routine sex positions. This furniture lets you explore your desired sexual adventures with ease and immense pleasure. To achieve all your desired sexual fantasies, though, you need to make the right choice of furniture.
Sex and BDSM furniture saves your hands and back from the work and energy needed to position and support yourself during sex. The doggy style position, for example, could exhaust you as you try to support your back and entire lower body. Remember, your body is experiencing extreme pleasure at that particular moment, consequently relaxing your nerves and making your muscles weaker during intercourse.
As a result, your attention unintentionally shifts from fully experiencing sexual pleasure to trying to support yourself to avoid disappointing your partner. This posture eventually becomes physically tiring and frustrating.
Yet, homemade furniture perfectly holds your weight, accommodates your body size while improving pleasure, and it’s specifically tailored according to your needs!
Physical pain, especially in your back and knees, could prevent you from having an orgasm just when you are almost there. To avoid such adverse interruptions, you may design the kind of furniture that aligns with your sexual and physical needs.
Homemade furniture for sex comes with lots of advantages. Your partner or yourself may prefer some sex positions over others, for example. Some of these, as discussed earlier, can be difficult to sustain for prolonged periods, depending on your physical ability, body size, etc. With homemade furniture, you’ll enjoy sex without the strain which sets the perfect atmosphere for reaching glorious orgasms and having a better sex life in general. Nothing sexy about going to the ER with a sex-related injury, is there?
The ideal furniture supports your weight and that of your partner. It allows you to choose custom-made materials to accommodate your physical needs first, followed by your sexual fantasies. Also, making this furniture at home gives you much-needed privacy. Plus, it’s much gentler on your wallet than buying ready-made ones! This kind of furniture does not seem very different from traditional or design furniture, and there is no shame in owning one. Just be careful when your in-laws are visiting!
The only major disadvantage of DIY furniture is that it may take quite a long time to plan and build. This, of course, depends on your skills and the availability of required materials, too. It may prove to be quite difficult to build these if you are not very crafty with your hands. Not to worry, though – there are tons of YouTube videos that can help you build more basic things like sex chairs, fuck benches, and much more!
The Seven Types
There are several types of furniture for sex; a few examples include sex gliders, chairs, loungers, and cages. Some kinds of furniture derive from items you probably have at home, thus, you can transform these easily.
Examples of homemade furniture for sex include:
- Sex swing and slings
- Spanking benches
- Sex frames
- Sex stools
- Bondage crosses
- Bondage tables
- Bondage beds
When making do-it-yourself sex furniture, there are certain tools and equipment that you will need throughout the process. These include:
- A wood drill
- Tape measure
- Wood saw (electric or manual)
- Flat working surface
- Nail gun or hammer
A spanking bench, sometimes called a fuck bench, is a piece of sex furniture used for positioning a spankee during sex. The spankee may either be restrained or left free during BDSM sex. Doggy style is the most popular position used for spanking, and this bench is ideal for it.
How To Make A Wooden Spanking Bench
To make a wooden spanking bench, you will need the following materials:
- Pieces of wood (measuring four 30 inches high, two 16 in wide, two 32 in wide, and three 35 in long)
- Comfortable memory foam (35 inches long)
- Small and large triangular offcuts
- Wood glue
- Upholstery pins
- Suitable fabric (leather, machine washable moisture-resistant velvet, etc.)
- Bolts and nuts
- Two lashing rings
- Take two 30-inch long and one 16-inch wide wood pieces, stick them together with a small triangular offcut, and use wood glue to form an A-shaped structure.
- Add nails into the wood pieces to make the A-shaped structure firmer and keep it in place during sex.
- Make another A-shaped structure by following the above instructions.
- Apply wood glue onto the top of the two A-shaped structures.
- Use one 35-inch piece of wood to join the two A-shaped wooden structures, setting these side by side to each other.
- Take another 35-inch piece of wood and join the two A-shaped structures on the lower adjoining 16-inch wood piece using wood glue and nails.
- Repeat step 6 above on the other side of the A-shaped structure. Your final structure should look like sex wedges at this point.
- Reinforce the bottom parts of the A-shaped structures using the 32-inch pieces of wood.
- Drill any necessary joints and use a bolt and nut to make the structure stronger. You may reinforce the spanking bench further using a larger triangular offcut on both A-shaped sides.
- On all the 35-inch wood parts, apply wood glue all around and stick the memory foam on top, using upholstery pins to cover the wooden area.
- Cover the memory foam with your preferred fabric (such as marine-grade vinyl) for a beautiful finish.
- You may add lashing rings if you would like to restrain your spankee on the spanking bench.
- Paint the spanking bench with your desired color and wait until it dries.
A sex frame is a piece of furniture made of four wood pieces adjoining at right angles. These BDSM furniture pieces are used for restraining your partner during sex. When making sex frames, you should consider your partner’s size, weight, and height.
How To Make One
Here are the most important things you’ll need to make this kind of furniture:
- Four pieces of 6 x 1 square foot wood. The height and length will depend on the partner’s size.
- Wood glue
- Two lashing rings
- Bolts and nuts
- Take the four pieces of wood, adjoin them at right angles using wood glue and nails to create a rectangular frame.
- Drill any necessary parts, especially top right, top left, bottom left, and bottom right parts of the width. Use bolts and nuts to reinforce until it is firm enough to support your weight and that of your partner.
- With the sex frame laid flat on the floor, use bolts and nuts to stick the two lashing rings on the top right and left parts. Make sure you reinforce the bolts and nuts to hold your partner during sex.
A bondage cross is an X-shaped piece of furniture used to restrain the partner while standing during BDSM sex. You can build your bondage cross using different designs and finish it with a touch of memory foam covered with your desired fabric. Regardless of the design, the structure usually remains the same. It’s worth mentioning that this particular DIY sex furniture piece is really not something that can be kept in the living room as a decorative piece… if you know what we mean!
How To Make A Bondage Cross
Below are some things needed when designing a bondage cross:
- Two pieces of 6 by 1 square foot wood (your preferred size depends on the height of your partner)
- Two lashing rings
- Bolts and nuts
- Wood glue
- Paint varnish
- Take the two pieces of 6 x 1 square foot wood and find the center on each.
- At the center of each piece of wood, drill four adjacent holes to fit a bolt.
- While still on the floor or the working surface, join the two wood pieces at the center, using wood glue to form an X-cross.
- Align the drilled holes in symmetry and fix the bolt and nut.
- Tighten the nuts and check for the correct alignment of the two pieces of wood.
- Drill a hole on the top right and left corners of the bondage cross.
- Fix the lashing rings and cuff the handcuffs to the lashing rings.
- You may support the bondage cross on a wall or construct independent support behind it.
- Depending on your preference, you may use a varnish or desired paint to finish the bondage cross.
Sex Swings And Slings
A sex swing and sling is a piece of bondage furniture made from a chain, swing hanged on a metallic frame. It is suitable for people who have steel-framed beds. DIY sex swing and sling can also comprise of a crisscrossing metallic frame with four lashing rings on the frame’s upper part. These can be attached to most door frames, so the uses are endless and it’s all up to your imagination!
The sex swing and sling suspends your partner on the swing, made of any suitable, yet strong fabric, for example, leather. This piece of furniture usually provides the ultimate anal sex experience.
How To Make A Sex Swing And Sling
Here are the main things needed for this project:
- Four leg chain slings
- Eight carabiners
- Leather swing
- Four handcuffs
- Steel-framed bed
- Firm sewing string
- Hook four carabiners on the four top corners of the steel frame.
- Hook the four-leg chain slings on the four hooked carabiners. Make sure you get long chains, but this also depends on your height.
- Join the leather swing with four carabiners using a firm sewing string.
- Join the pillow to the leather swing using the firm sewing string.
- Hook the carabiners on the leather swing to the four-leg chain slings, respectively.
- Ensure the sex swing and sling are adequately suspended according to your height.
A bondage bed is a piece of restraining furniture in the form of a bed. Flatiron and missionary sex positions are the most suitable for this type of bed. As the dominant, you restrain your partner’s hands or legs, or even both, on this bed. Here’s how to make one.
How To Make A Bondage Bed
The following are the materials needed for this project:
- Four handcuffs
- Four carabiners
- Clip four carabiners on the four corners of your bed.
- Hook the handcuffs on the fours carabiners.
- Get your partner and enjoy some kinky sex.
A bondage table is a type of table designed to restrain the partner during sex. You may design your bondage table according to your desire, for example, by including memory foam and fabric to give it a comfortable and attractive finish.
How To Make A Bondage Table
Here’s what you’ll need to complete this project:
- Wooden table
- Two handcuffs
- Memory foam
- Velvet fabric (or other, depending on your preference)
- Two lashing rings
- Wood glue
- Upholstery pins
- Apply wood glue evenly on the surface of your table.
- Take the memory foam and spread it on the tabletop until it overlaps all sides without covering the table’s box apron section.
- Ensure the memory foam sticks well on the surface for firmness.
- Take the velvet, or any other preferred fabric and cover the memory foam using upholstery pins.
- On one front right leg of the table, use a nail to pin one lashing ring. Pin another lashing ring on the front left leg of the table.
- Cuff the lashing rings using the two handcuffs.
A sex stool (or sex chair) is a wooden or metallic stool used to improve the quality of sex from a sitting position. Some sex stools, also known as sex chairs, may have a hole at the bottom. The surface of a sex chair is usually curved to improve comfort. The cowgirl helper and cowgirl are good examples of enjoyable sex positions on a sex stool.
How To Make A Top Quality Sex Stool
You’ll need the following things to make a sex chair:
- Elastic bands
- Four straight 24-inch wood pieces (framing)
- Four straight short wood pieces (preferably 24 inches each, but this depends on your height)
- Four 16-inch wood pieces (crossbars)
- Wood glue
- Take the four 24-inch wood pieces and make a frame. The frame should be large enough to accommodate you, or your partner.
- Use the next four 24-inch wood pieces to form the legs of the stool.
- For firmness, use the 16-inch piece of wood to form a crossbar.
- Repeat step 4 for the rest of the crossbar wood pieces.
- When the stool has been reinforced and is strong enough, nail the elastic bands strongly around two opposite parts which form the wood surface, and the sex stool will be ready for use.
What To Consider Before Making A DIY Sex Furniture
Availability of materials: Some sex furniture needs specific materials that may not be readily available at home. For instance, to build a sex swing and sling, you need a steel-frame bed. For that reason, it is always advisable to research the types of materials you need prior to getting started with building the sex furniture. Also, make sure you only use high-quality materials to prevent the sex toys from breaking down as you enjoy yourself.
Type of materials: Most DIY furniture for sex consists of wood, which comes in different sizes. Furniture such as a bondage cross, bondage frame, or spanking bench supports the full weight of your partner, so it’s advisable to look for something that’s strong and stable enough, preferably hardwood.
User’s weight: Take your partner’s weight into consideration before making your DIY furniture. If you choose the wrong materials, your furniture may collapse, break, or even injure you or your partner.
User’s height: Customization is among the many benefits of do-it-yourself sex furniture. Whether your partner is excessively tall or short, this furniture should be specially designed to meet their specific needs in terms of height.
Sex position: The intended sex position determines the type of furniture needed. Every piece of sex furniture helps improve a specific set of sex positions or makes these easier and more enjoyable. For instance, the spanking bench improves the doggy style, and the bondage table improves the flatiron sex position.
Stability: Sex furniture, such as a bondage cross and frame, should be thoroughly checked for stability. You may add an extra wood, if needed, to the back of the cross for increased stability.
Comfort: Most furniture for sex is designed for comfort. Therefore, it is advisable to use skin-friendly materials, such as memory foam, velvet, and pillows where necessary, to improve the levels of comfort when the action begins.
Durability: Shaking, trembling, or stiffening of the muscles are some of the many characteristics of orgasmic sex. In such moments, weak furniture may break and lead to injury, which is an instant turn-off. Reinforcing the furniture is, therefore, essential for the safety of both partners.
You now have a better understanding of seven different types of do-it-yourself sex furniture. With the help of this guide, you’ll be able to choose the right ones for you and prepare the furniture so that it is safe and comfortable to use. The good thing about DIY sex furniture is that there are no limits; you are allowed to be as creative as you can to come up with something that best suits your sexual needs. Get crafty, and the mind-blowing orgasms will follow!
Other DIY Sex Toys
- DIY Sybian | Read more
- DIY Strapon Harness | Read more
- DIY Sex Machines | Read more
- DIY Dildos | Read more
Robert Thomas is a sexologist, researcher, and writer who loves to explore and investigate everything that is related to bedroom action. He strives to improve couples’ sex life by challenging the advice given in research papers, books, magazines, and on the internet in general. Robert loves to write about sex exercises, as well as tips & tricks on how couples can introduce new sex toys to their relationship.